Cuddle on the trails? Aha, yes, why not. Two are better than one, especially when they sleep together in the best double sleeping bag for backpacking, under the miracle blanket of heaven spread with sparkling, twinkly stars. If you go hiking with your partner, why sleep separately while you sleep together at home?
Share a sleeping bag and even without the shenanigans of sleeping together (wink wink), you will get warmer faster and you will enjoy great bonding.
However, to do that you will need a good double sleeping bag, a real mammoth one, and tell you what, even if junior is with you, you can let him creep in the middle and the three of you can share one bag. Believe it or not, some of them are that big!
- Best double sleeping bag for backpacking
- 5 two-person sleeping bags reviews
- 1. TETON Sports Mammoth Queen Size Sleeping Bag
- 2. Sleeping Queen Size XL Two Person Sleeping Bag
- 3. Ohuhu Two Person Sleeping Bag for adults
- 4. Coleman Tandem Double Sleeping Bag
- 5. Sportneer Sleeping Bag for two people
- Brand name of the best double sleeping bag for backpacking
- Join two individual sleeping bags into one
- Cheap double sleeping bag temperature rating
- Season rating system
- The standardized EN 13537 Rating
- Other things for a double sleeping bag for adults
Best double sleeping bag for backpacking
Buying the double-sized sleeping bag is the same as buying the individual bag. You will just need to look for the same features as before. Look at the temperature rating, the fill, the size, of course, the shell, the lining, and the zip, zip baffles and anti-snag, and many more features.
Do not buy a double-sized bag without comparing the prices of a few of them. Therefore, read a few user and professional sleeping bag reviews online, know what people say about them, and buy the highest rated one.
5 two-person sleeping bags reviews
Beats you why they did not call it the king-size sleeping bags, but there it is, a queen size bag that is indeed large, and very comfortable too. It is just the kind of bag that you want to snuggle in to with your spouse right there in the camping ground.
Let’s be sincere here … if it has the name TETON Sports, then you know without an iota of doubt in your mind that this is a product that will give you more than enough value for your money.
Here are a few of its features:
- It is huge – 94 x 62 inches (238.76 x 157.48 cm) when laid out
- It makes a small compact size when folded – 27 x 14 x 14 inches (68.58 x 35.56 x 35.56 cm)
- Has a flannel liner that feels as sweet as a high-quality bed sheet on your skin
- Has a strong enduring canvas shell
- Have shoulder and zipper baffles to keep the cold from seeping in
- Has SuperLoft Elite fiberfill
- Quilt construction, the SuperLoft Elite fill keeps the bag free of any cold spots
- Weighs 14 pounds/6.4 kg when packed
- It is rated for 20° F/-6° C
- It is sold with a compression sack
It is covered by a lifetime-limited warranty
Getting the TETON Sports double sleeping bag into the compression sack is quite something and many customers say that no matter how much help they get, they cannot be able to pack it up. Just buy a bigger duffel bag for it.
Sharing the same bed on the trails has never been easier than it is now with this sleeping bag that is waterproof, lightweight, and is rated for cold weather sleeping.
If you are looking for a bag that can sleep two young or grown adults, two teenagers, and one that can be split up to form two individual sleeping bags, you have found one in Sleeping. It can be used for backpacking, hiking or camping, even car camping.
- Can be split up to make two single sleeping bags
- Shell is made of tough polyester fabric with a 210-thread count per square inch
- Tetron and cotton fill
- Tetron and cotton inner liner
- It is sold with two traveling pillows
- Rated for use in conditions of 32° F/0° C and upwards
- Has Velcro to hold the zip in place at the top
- It is waterproof
- It measures 87 x 59 inches (220.98 x 149.86 cm)
To enjoy the most use out of this bag, use for camping, hiking, or sleeping under the right conditions. That way, it will keep you warm and comfortable.
Catching your beauty sleep when hiking, camping or traveling has never been this good with a sleeping bag that is made to cater to your needs. You will wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and you will want to continue with your outdoor adventure.
Here are the features:
- It is sold with a carrying bag and two pillows
- You can split it to make two single sleeping bags
- Has a zipper on two sides for faster accessibility
- Can be used comfortably in temperatures of -5°C/23° F
- Fill is made of M2 3D Cotton
- Shell is made of polyester – 210T per square inch for durability
- Measures 86.6 x 59 inches (219.96 x 149.86 cm) when spread out
- Measures 18.9 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches when packed (30.22 x29.9 x 29.9 cm)
- Weighs 6.08 pounds/2.8 kg
Cotton fill insulation is not always recommended for camping in wet conditions
This is a rectangular two-person sleeping bag. Well, there is nothing new there, since most of the sleeping bags for two people are rectangular anyway, but it is a good looker too if that matters.
It is the well-known brand name of Coleman again, a giant indeed in the outdoor adventure industry, and with such a name, you know your choice can never be too wrong.
- It comes with a carry bag
- A removable inner sheet – sleep clean always
- Machine washable
- Measures 81 x 66 inches (190.5 x 167.6 cm) when spread out
- It can fit a person as tall as 6 feet 2 inches
- Has a patented Zip plow feature that keeps the zips from snagging
- It is sold with a carry bag
- Sold with a stuff sack for storage
- It is rated for temperatures of 30° F to 50° F/-1° C to 10° C
- Covered by a 5-year limited warranty
This sleeping bag is mostly great when used for sleeping in warm weather. So you can also use it at home when you have guests coming over and need an extra bed or two.
They do not come any better than the Sportneer two-person sleeping bag with its incredible features and mammoth size. And to understand just how big this bag is, it can comfortably accommodate people who are as tall as 6 feet 6 inches. It will give you and your partner not only value for your money but you can also let a kid share the sleeping space.
Sportneer two-person sleeping bag features:
- Has a tough waterproof taffeta shell
- Rated for temperatures of as low as 0° F/-18° C
- Measures an impressive 94 x 62 inches (238.8 x 157.5 cm) when spread out
- Measures 27 x 14 x 14 inches (68.6 x 35.6 x 35.6 cm) when folded
- Can fit two large people comfortably or three medium-sized people
- Comes with a compression carrying bag with compression buckles for easy storage
- Hollow fiberfill
- Weighs 17.1 pounds/7.75 kg
This bag can be used for mild to medium winter camping, backpacking, and hiking
Brand name of the best double sleeping bag for backpacking
Is the brand name important when you are buying a sleeping bag? Of course, it is very important. The most popular brands are the best because they are well-known and there are many reviews for them on the internet.
Buying a new entrant in the market may not be very advisable for you since it is not very well known and therefore you may not find a lot of information about it online, apart from what the manufacturer will have provided. However, if you are daring, you can buy it and see how far it takes you.
Join two individual sleeping bags into one
That is right; you can still make one huge sleeping bag out of two single sleeping bags. If you have two individual sleeping bags, and one is left-zipped while the other is right-zipped, you do not need to buy a new sleeping bag for two people. You can mate the two bags to form a big one.
Although the sleeping bag will be big, it may cause problems when exiting. That is why many people prefer buying a bag for two people. This huge bed will have zips on both sides.
It will also have a zip at the bottom for ventilation and the good thing is that even the hood baffles are two, meaning that you can adopt any style of sleeping that you may like. If you would like to use a pillow and your partner does not want one, you can do so comfortably.
Cheap double sleeping bag temperature rating
Season rating system
Two-person sleeping bags are rated differently. The best way to choose the best bag is to consider the season ratings. This is very simple, and for the first-time buyer, it is easy to understand what you need.
Season 1 rated bags can only be used for hiking and camping in summer or in temperatures that do not go lower than 4° Celsius/39.2° F.
2 Season rated bags are best used in the mid to late spring (late March to May) and early fall season (August to October).
3 season rated bags will keep your warm even when you sleep in temperatures that go to as low as -5° C/23° F.
4 season rated two-person sleeping bags is used for the coldest months. If winter will not deter you from going camping, this is the bag to carry with you. It will keep you very warm even in the coldest of nights. Find one that is rated for temperatures as low as -10° Celsius/14° F.
If you do not know what to buy, you can ask the salesperson or just look for information online.
The standardized EN 13537 Rating
This is the new standard of temperature rating for the sleeping bags, which was introduced in 2002. It is more accurate than the season rating. However, you need not worry about it too much since it is not widely used.
The season rating is the widely accepted form of rating even with its inaccuracies. However, for the sake of palaver, the EN 13537 is a European rating standard. It rates bags considering the comfort that a person enjoys when they use the sleeping bags. For example, an Upper Limit bag is one that you can use in a regular summer night without sweating too much.
A Lower Limit bag is one that you can use in lower temperatures comfortably and the Comfort Level sleeping bag is rated against the comfort level of a woman because women need high temperature rated sleeping bags than men.
Sounds complicated, right? Do not worry about it. You are safe with the seasonal rated bags.
Other things for a double sleeping bag for adults
If you know that you snore, then you may want to take an anti-snoring device with you. Since the sleeping bags for two people are not as big as your bed is to leave the other person some space to escape your snoring, you will get too many elbow jabs if you do not bring an anti-snoring aid with you.
Bring your pillow if you use one. It is a sleeping bag for two people, but that does not mean that you will have to share just about everything. Since it has zips on both sides, you will both find it easy to get into and out of.
It has many features that allow individuals to sleep as if they are in their bag, but the main advantage is that two people can make the insulating blanket of air around their bodies faster than one person. Once you try the double sleeper bag, you will never want to use an individual bag again.
The best double sleeping bag for backpacking comes in all brand names. Some are well known, some are not so well known and some are new in the market.
To know that what you buy will serve you well, read a few user reviews. One thing you will agree with anyway is that hiking, camping, and trekking with your family is a lot of fun, but it is much funnier than that when you share a mammoth two-person sleeping bag.